Tennis Hit Zone Q&A With Tennis Teaching Pro Christopher Pucci
As coach, what is your initial response to the Hit Zone?
I thought it is was fabulous teaching tool.
What is your player's initial response to the Hit Zone?
Everyone thinks it is "cool".
Does the Hit Zone increase hand/eye coordination?
Absolutely, the ball still has some movement to it so the player needs to coordinate the swing to go through the ball.
Does the Hit Zone increase concentration?
I have found, especially in children aged 2.5 - 6 that they tend to focus on the ball better since it is "floating" for them instead of being tossed to them. The children have more success in hitting the "floating" ball and what to do it gain. Children will lose interest quickly if they do not feel they are being successful.
Would you include the Hit Zone as part of your daily practice?
We include the Hit Zone into every session.
Would you recommend the Hit Zone to other coaches, players, academies?
How do you find operating the Hit Zone?
Are the operating instructions easy to follow?
Do you recommend Hit Zone for any age player?
Any age, yes. I think the level of the player would eventually outgrow the Hit Zone. Hit Zone removes one of the two timing elements to a swing.The up-down movement of the ball is still somewhat there but the moving towards/away movement is not provided by Hit Zone since the ball is staying in one location.
USPTA, PTR Certified Tennis Professional
General Manager of the Tri-State Teddy Tennis Franchise
CourtSense Coach, Tenafly, NJ
- USPTA, PTR Certified Tennis Professional
- General Manager of the Tri-State Teddy Tennis Franchise
- CourtSense Coach, Tenafly, NJ
- Over 25 years' experience in developing athletes of all ages to reach their full potential
- Over 20 years' experience in Club/Facility Management and Program Development
- Over 15 years' experience in coaching ATP & WTA Professional Players
- He has developed Players to achieve World Rankings, NCAA Div. I Championships,
Ivy League Rookie of the Year, #1 age division rankings and more